British Virgin Island (BVI) Offshore Fund Formation
We offer full service BVI Fund formation services, as well as fund formation in other jurisdictions including Cayman Islands, Bermuda, the Bahamas, Dubai, Guernsey, Jersey, Seychelles, Belize, Panama, Mauritius, Luxembourg, Dublin, Hong Kong, the Isle of Man, and other well-established offshore jurisdictions. We have the know how to professionally start a BVI fund.
Determining where to domicile a hedge fund, whether a US based fund or offshore fund, can only be made based on the specific requirements of the investors and management team. Each jurisdiction has various benefits and certain jurisdictions might be more appropriate than another based on investor needs as well as those of the fund manager.
Each jurisdiction has its own set of regulatory requirements and tax benefits, and these are additional factors to consider when determining the best location to domicile a hedge fund or other investment scheme.
Our team specializes in the formation of offshore BVI funds, as the British Virgin Islands offer robust benefits for managers and investors looking to domicile their fund in an offshore location. Fund structures in the BVI offer:
- BVI Business Company, International Limited Partnerships and/or Unit Trusts
- Relatively low cost as compared to other jurisdictions
- Speed an ease of BVI entities
- English legal system
- Solid and reputable regulatory and compliance infrastructure
- Private funds (Those which are restricted to either having no more than 50 investors or only making an invitation to subscribe for or purchase fund interests on a private basis)
- Professional fund (Funds which may only issue fund interests to “professional investors” with an initial investment which may not be less than US$100,000)
- Public fund (A Fund which has a greater regulation, imposed as no restrictions on investors or minimum investment)
Funds domiciled in the BVI may also have some tax advantages. BVI funds and functionaries are exempt from BVI income tax. Furthermore, investors in BVI funds are not liable to any BVI income tax with respect to fund interests. There are no estate, inheritance, succession or gift taxes payable in the British Virgin Islands with respect to any interests in a fund.
To find out more about how to start a BVI fund, or our leading edge products, please give us a call at 404.736.9255
*Stonegate is not a broker-dealer. Each account is customized for an individual client and may or may not include all services listed above. Each account requires approval by Stonegate Global Fund Services at its sole and absolute discretion. Any and all securities and/or brokerage services are offered through and provided by a Stonegate-designated, FINRA registered broker-dealer. Stonegate Global Fund Services does not provide legal services. Any and all legal services are offered through and provided by a Stonegate-designated attorney and/or law firm. Stonegate Global Fund Services does not provide tax advice. Any and all Tax services are offered through and provided by a licensed CPA firm.